[V.1.0] December 14, 2020
Protecting your personal information is Buzzvil's top priority.
For more information on how cookies are used on Buzzvil's website, please reference “Matters Regarding Installation, Operation, and Refusal of Automatic Collection of Personal Information.”
- Processing personal information
Purpose of processing personal information
Retention of collected information
Procedure and method for the disposal of personal information
Sharing personal information with third parties
User’s Rights and Rights of User’s Legal Representative
Cookies: Installation, operation, and refusal
Data Protection Officer
1. Processing personal information
Buzzvil collects personal information as shown below to manage product inquiries and technical support.
|Required information||When you register||Name, email address|
|Required information||Management of ticket creation requester's information||Name, email address, company name|
|Optional information||Management of ticket creation requester's information||SDK information|
|Required information||Sending a confirmation email to register an account||Name, email address|
|Required information||Sending email replies through Freshdesk from Buzzvil’s Technical Support Team||Name, email address이름, 이메일|
Information to be collected is defined as follows:
Ticket: Refers to a post written by Buzzvil's customer or Buzzvil’s technical support team on the website for technical support. Only the requester who created the ticket can have access to the ticket information, and Buzzvil's technical support staff with agent privileges on the website will review the ticket and send a response.
Ticket creation: Refers to the first post being registered. A ticket can be created using the following processes:
- You can create a ticket after logging in.
- You can create a ticket through a widget.
- You can automatically create a ticket by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SDK information: Refers to the type and version of SDK used upon connection. This information is necessary for efficient technical support services.
Widget: An article recommendation service provided by the website.
Right to refuse consent and disadvantages of refusing consent
You have the right to refuse the collection of your information. However, if you refuse consent, Buzzvil's technical support may be limited.
※ The above information includes not only the information originally collected but also information that has been changed by the modification of information.
2. Purpose of processing personal information
We at Buzzvil use collected personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing an answer to your request (ticket) for technical support and managing the current status
- Providing resource materials
- Providing and managing feedback to your inquiries
- Using information for marketing and advertising activities (delivering information and advertisements through social media, email, etc.), and frequency of access and user-specific information for statistical analysis purposes
3. Retention of collected information
We at Buzzvil will dispose of your relevant personal information without delay after the purpose of collecting and using this personal information has been completed. However, we may retain relevant information for a period of time for the following reasons:
Retention of information in accordance with company policy
- Items: Personal information items and items collected as described in the collection method clause
- Reason: Management of your activity history
- Period: One year from the last time you accessed the website
Retention of information in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
If an investigation is undertaken due to a breach of related laws and regulations, we retain your information for a certain period of time in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations until the end of the investigation.
4. Procedure and method for the disposal of personal information
In principle, we at Buzzvil will dispose of your personal information without delay after the purpose of collecting or using your personal information has been completed or the retention period has lapsed. The disposal procedure and methods are as follows:
Personal information printed on paper shall be shredded or destroyed by incineration, and personal information stored in the form of electronic files shall be deleted using technical methods where files cannot be recovered.
5. Sharing personal information with third parties
We at Buzzvil may transmit personal information partly or wholly to entrusted parties in order to perform services as follows:
Matters concerning overseas transfers
Upon the consignment of the processing of personal information, to ensure the safety and protection of personal information we shall clearly specify adherence to regulations related to personal information, the confidentiality of personal information, the prohibition of provision to third parties, liabilities in case of any accident, the period of consignment, the return or disposal of personal information after the end of processing, and shall supervise the consignee to process personal information safely.
Items of personal information transferred: Same as the items of personal information collected
Country to which personal information is transferred, and date and method of transfer: United States, Transmitted at time of request through the network
Name and contact information of the party to which personal information is transferred: Freshworks, Inc.
(1250 Bayhill Drive, Suite 315, San Bruno, CA 94066 (1-650-513-0514))
Purpose of use of personal information of the party that receives the personal information and the period of retention: consigned to store and process personal information; the period of retention and use shall be the same as Buzzvil's retention period (Until membership withdrawal or termination of consignment contract, until request for correction or deletion of personal information, technical support, operation, maintenance, sending email responses, sending notices in forum posts, etc.).
6. User’s Rights and Rights of User’s Legal Representative
You and your legal representative may view or correct your registered personal information at any time. When you request viewing, correction, or deletion of your personal information by phone or e-mail to our privacy officer, we will handle your request without delay after you complete the identity verification process.
If you request us to correct any error in your personal information, we will not use or provide your personal information until the correction is completed. In addition, if your incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will promptly notify the third party of the result of the correction so that the correction can be made.
7. Cookies: Installation, operation, and refusal
We install and operate a device that automatically collects personal information, such as “cookies”, which frequently collect and store user information. Cookies are small text files that are sent to your browser by a server used to operate our website and they are stored in the hard drive of your computer.
We at Buzzvil collect and use cookie information for the following purposes:
To remember your UID and provide convenient functions such as “Do not allow pop-ups” and auto-fill input fields
To provide targeted marketing and personalized marketing services
How to disable cookies
You have the option to install cookies. Accordingly, you may allow all cookies by setting options in your web browser, confirm each time a cookie is stored, or refuse to store all cookies. However, if you refuse to install cookies, there may be difficulties in providing service.
Example of the setting method (Internet Explorer)
How to set cookies
Click “Internet Options” in the “Tools” menu, then click the “Privacy Tab”.
Go to “Settings” to set your customized cookie acceptance level.
How to view saved cookies
Select “Internet Options” from the “Tools” menu.
Click the “General” tab to go to “Settings” in “Search History” and click “View Files” to confirm.
How to disable cookies
Select “Internet Options” from the “Tools” menu and click the “Privacy Tab.”
Go to “Settings” and set it to “Block all cookies”.
8. Security measures
We at Buzzvil take the following technical, managerial, and physical measures to ensure safety:
A. Establishment and implementation of an internal management plan
- We have established and implemented an internal management plan to handle personal information safely.
- We confirm the implementation of personal information protection measures and compliance of the responsible employee in charge through our dedicated personal information protection organization and we promptly take corrective measures if any problems are found.
B. Installation and operation of an access control device
- We use an intrusion prevention system to control unauthorized outside access, and strive to systematically secure all possible technical devices.
- Measures to prevent forgery and alternation of access records
- We keep and manage the records on accessing the personal information processing system and use security functions to prevent the access records from being forged or altered.
C. Encryption of Personal Information
- Your personal information is protected by a password. Files and transmitted data are encrypted and managed and important data is protected by separate security functions.
D. Countermeasures against hacking
- We take measures to prevent damage caused by computer viruses by using anti-virus programs. Anti-virus programs are updated regularly, and if a virus suddenly appears, countermeasures are implemented as soon as available to prevent personal information from being breached.
- We employ a security device (SSL) that can securely transmit personal information on the network using a cryptographic algorithm.
- In preparation for external intrusions such as hacking, we use an intrusion prevention system and a vulnerability analysis system for each server to ensure security.
- We do not mix personal information and general data but store them separately through separate servers.
Unauthorized email collection refusal policy
We at Buzzvil refuse to allow posted e-mail addresses to be collected without permission through the use of e-mail collection programs or other technical devices. Violation may result in punishment under the “Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection.”
9. Data Protection Officer
In order to protect your personal information and handle complaints related to personal information, we at Buzzvil have appointed the following relevant departments and the chief privacy officer.
Chief Privacy Officer
Name: Joo-eun Seo
Department: Engineering Team
Name: Tae-kyu Lee
Department: Product Team