[Announcement] End-of-Life (EOL) Policy for SDKs
Buzzvil introduces an End-of-Life (EOL) policy that stipulates its support and life-cycle to provide a stable advertising platform for customers.
The EOL policy for products is effective from December 21, 2020, and shall be applied to all software development kits (SDKs) interworking with the Buzzvil advertising platform. The policy also defines Buzzvil's services provided during the product life cycle. Buzzvil regularly supports updates to SDKs for new or updated features, improvements, bug fixes, and manuals.
We recommend users to stay up-to-date with SDK releases to keep up with the latest features, security updates, and stability. Continued use of an unsupported SDK version is not recommended, and SDKs can be updated at the user‘s discretion.
Buzzvil's SDK versions are in the form of X.Y.Z, where X represents the major version. If the major version increases, it means that the SDK has undergone significant changes to support new features and patterns. To use the latest SDK version, you need to manually update the Buzzvil SDK integrated into the app.
The SDK life cycle consists of the following phases:
- General Availability (GA): During this phase, SDKs are fully supported. This phase includes support for new integration, improves the features and bug fixes. Buzzvil will support the GA version of the SDK for at least 12 months.
- End-of-Support (EOST) Announcement: Buzzvil will make a public announcement at least 6 months before the end of the technical support service of the SDK.
- Maintenance: The SDK will be continuously and fully supported from the End-of-Support Announcement phase to the EOST. The maintenance phase has a default duration of 6 months unless otherwise specified. If any exceptions occur, they will be announced separately.
- End-of-Support (EOST): When the SDK reaches the end-of-support, the technical support will not be provided any longer. It is the user's discretion to continue using an SDK whose support service has ended. We strongly recommend publishers to upgrade to the latest version.
Following is a visual illustration of the SDK life-cycle. Please note that the timeline shown below is for illustrative purposes only and is not binding.
EOST announcements are communicated in several ways.
- An email announcement is sent to your e-mail account.
- A topic will be published in [Community Forum> Buzzvil News] of Buzzvil Care (https://care.buzzvil.com).
- A post will be published in [Notice] on Buzzvil’s website (https://www.buzzvil.com).